fredag 5 december 2008

the sun.


That's how it feels, that feeling the photo gives off - at least to me it does.

A feeling you get when sitting somewhere x meters above the sea-level with your back turned to the city. Sitting and watching the sun go down kissing the horizon; embraced by it and drowning in its comfort.

It's beautiful, that scene - no matter how many times it repeats itself, there's just something about the way the sky fills up with a spectra of dreamy colours that mesmerises and captivates you, every time.

The final scene, the grand finale - seemingly.

The secret to beautiful and unique sunset-coloured photos is not to fill up your memory card or film with pictures when the sun's still dozing off above the horizon. No - hold your ground for a while longer after the sun's disappeared, and you will be rewarded with the afterglow, the sun's own way of giving a sign of life assuring you that it's not gone for good - by filling up the surface of the clouds above you and everything underneath with a faint although distinctive light, creating a mesmerising painting... And with the sun gone out of your focus, you turn instead to all the things illuminated by the colours around you: the clouds, the scenery, the seascape or maybe even the cityscape.
You start to notice everything, everything that you're otherwise used to.

Minutes later, you feel at peace.

Whoops, sorry, got carried away.
But this is relevant to the pottery blog, yes?



I might not be any authority around here, and I know time's are tough (for us IB2:ers) but how 'bout a sunset-theme? Are you able to overcome the limitations of words to describe the visually stunning moment of a sunset?
Or maybe you'll even go for another medium of expression?

So, pottery blog, how about it? :D

6 kommentarer:

Meng sa...

The second picture is wonderful, I love the use of textures there.
I always watch sunsets with a vague feeling of panic because I can't preserve the full splendour of the view. No, scratch that. I watch all beautiful sceneries with that kind of feeling. That's why I'm so frantic about brining a camera on trips, it makes me feel a little better even though I still can't capture the scenery with photos.

Yeah, a sunset-theme would be fun. A little difficult maybe, I hope we'll have time with it. Oh and what say you guys about a Christmas/New years theme after that? Alright that it's predictable, but I think we're creative enough to overcome that? :P

O sa...

=) (still smiling from reading that, almost enjoyed the carried away text more than the actual photos)

sure sure to both, sounds good.
and kocciii if you want to be an authority around here you could just ask ^^

Alex sa...

Love the pictures and the text! And I definitely agree with what you're saying about wanting to capture some things and not being able to, it can be really frustrating when something is so beautiful you want to be able to enjoy it longer, but you simply can't.

And sunset theme as well as Christmas/New Years theme sounds good =)

Alex sa...

Oh and the second photo makes me think of the lion king for some reason. It's a wonderful photo! (not because it makes me think of the lion king, rather because it's very nicely photoshopped)

Lucidor sa...

I'm all in favour of the sunset-theme. I will refrain from commenting upon the mildly innovative Christmas-theme. [/art-snobbery]

To throw an idea in the air and see where it lands, I believe the idea of linking the concept of a new year to the imagery of a sunset could be rather successful. Just sayin'.

Alex sa...

I like that idea =P