måndag 1 december 2008

Observations

Just some random drawings I was planning on posting but never got around to.

You know those creepy photographers who walk around with their huge Canons and take pictures of random people without them noticing? Imagine me like one of those, except without the Canon and hopefully also without the creepiness. I wish there was a nice-sounding reason behind my drawing certain people, like they flash a peek into the depths of human nature or something. But to be honest, I just see some person who strikes me as "OH that could make a good drawing". And then I draw them. The end.


4 kommentarer:

popapraniec sa...

"huge Canons"

*cough*

Well what do you know, people are beautiful, so the need to take a photo sometimes grows unbearable.

But, uh, that's the creepy part I guess.

And yes, those are some nice people you have caugh--uh, um, drawn! Yes, drawn!

O sa...

I'm still really amazed by your drawing =) Love the way the man's cap looks, and how the Starbucks girl's hair...

And I don't agree. Random people in town aren't beautiful (well, with the exception of the occasional near-perfect model walking by). It's not until you learn the story behind the eyes that you feel that gush of love, how they suddenly get meaning, take up space in your mind and become beautiful. Even the not so good-looking ones become beautiful. And you can't help yourself but to reach out...

Or snap a pic. Or get your pencils out...

Meng sa...

Thank you ^^
I agree, you need to know someone in order to really see their beauty, but then you also have those who just look interesting. They're those I like to draw. They could look beautiful, but they might as well look elegant, genuine, ragged, strange... And I can't always capture it, but at that moment I look at them they inspire me a lot.

Oh and I was just taking huge Canons as an example :P

Alex sa...

Wonderful wonderful drawings! Really good...!
I think random people can be very interesting BECAUSE you don't know their stories, imagining what they could be makes it interesting. Though, no one's as beautiful as when you get to know a wonderful person behind the face, but still still.